The latest news on Albacore fishing out of Ilwaco, Washington
There is no set season for TUNA fishing; we fish when the fish arrive, typically in the later part of July and continuing through September.
We had some wonderful catches last year with some big fish and are expecting great fishing this year. What great fun for everyone and the excitement of live bait when they hooked into one of those speeding bullets known as tuna.
“Upon returning to the dock there were tall tales of fishing, wildlife and water conditions. Pictures were then taken and people coming from everywhere to view the catch. We had a few bystanders who asked to have their picture with the catches. I wonder what kind of a story they told!”
Our one-day trips are longer than 12 hours and have two captains aboard. Contact us now to book your trip or for more information.
- BIG lunches as you will be out longer than 12 hours
- We have coffee aboard; you will need water, pop and juice
- Dress warm and comfortably
- Please have boots and rain gear with you as this is a very exciting and messy fishery
- This trip can be one of the most unique trips you have ever taken out in the clear blue water with dolphins and other sea life close at hand. CAMERAS ARE A MUST
ARRIVE: Our one-day trips are longer than 12 hours. We ask that you be in the office at 2:00 am in July-August and 3:00 am in September. You should return between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
DURING: WE OFFER LIVE BAIT FISHING • YOU ARE ONE-ON-ONE WITH THE FISH
AFTER: All of your fish are kept on ice on our boats throughout your trip and left whole to ensure the quality and freshness of your fish.
When you return to the docks with your fish, the deckhand will take your fish up to be photographed.
We offer a fillet and vacuum-packing service on-site. You may take your fish home whole, filleted, vacuum-packed. Quick freeze and storage are available.